In this free mini-course you will learn how you can enjoy moving for the joy of it and never feel like you have to ‘work out’ ever again. You will understand how you can connect your mind and body, and feel the benefits of finding ways of incorporating movement into your everyday life. The course is a selection of brain games, warm up drills, QiGong, spinal flow mobility drills and ground work body weight movements. There are also a few bonus moves and articles if you want to start digging deeper and getting more ideas and influences.
FIND THE MOVES YOU LOVE
WHEN YOU MOVE A LITTLE YOU'LL THEN WANT TO MOVE SOME MORE
My goal is to help people feel good and be happier, stronger and healthier. I will teach you a way to create an organic and solid foundation to condition your body and mind to a higher level. This is an opportunity to re-empower yourself and feel freedom in movement. Jump in to move better and feel healthier.
A: Yes. You can watch all of the video lessons on our YouTube channel or access the course from the links on the page to get the complete course with supporting articles and more content.
Q: Is there more than just the movement lessons in the course?
A: Yes. The complete online course has pre-course assessments for you to work through and to also check back in with once you’ve been practising the moves. There are also links to articles and podcasts that we think you’ll like.
Q: Are they work out videos?
A: Not really. They show different ideas from different systems that Julie has learnt from that you can then use as a warm up or work out depending on where you’re at.
Q: Why is there no program or plan to follow?
A: What’s suitable for one person in their health/fitness journey may not be the same for the next person. The best way to know what’s suitable for you is to have a personalised approach by signing up for the online coaching.
Q: How long will I have access for?
A: For life.
The Move More course will teach you a variety of new skills that will benefit your life on a daily basis by finding fun and interesting ways for you to be moving more on a daily basis.
In the lessons of the Move More course, you will be given different ideas that will help you improve your physical and mental skills including: balance, co-ordination, stability, mobility and strength.
What will I get out of it?
On completion of the course you will
- have explored different techniques for warming up, and practised these techniques and drills to easily incorporate them into your daily life.
- understand how the different sides of the brain relate to your movement and support co-ordination and concentration.
- understand the importance of self-massage and how it can be used effectively to prepare the body for more and better quality movement.
- be able to mobilise your joints and know how to release everyday tensions, aches and pains.
- understand the importance of body weight exercises and how they can improve stability, mobility, strength and neuromuscular development.
- understand how breathing and movement techniques can effect and calm your nervous system.
- be able to progress towards maintaining a mobile spine that will improve your overall health, strength and posture.
- have acquired safe training techniques to build your strength and prevent injury.
Sharing what I've learnt
From your head to your toes
You'll never know back ache again
Body weight ground movements
Small movements lead to more movements
Connect your mind & body
“I really like it, it’s been helping get some movement in on the days when my mind isnt really in the game. And the movement helps bring me out of the funk, so I find it very helpful .”
Alana Reis, parkour coach and surf instructor.
“I have increased my strength, my balance, my willingness to move more when I have the chance (taking stairs with my arms full or empty), and my vision of who I am and what I can accomplish has expanded.”
Rebecca Maldonado, Massage Therapist
“I have improved my hip mobility and my balance. I have also been able to take some of the mindset shifts “off the grass” and into my life, which has been super exciting.“
Jill Van Bogedom-Smith, Life Coach