Not everyone has the luxury of time to be outside and moving, playing, exercising and training everyday. Life can be busy, messy and complicated. We want you to feel good even when you don’t have a lot of time. Movement Snacks is an approach to bite sized movement sequences that will keep you strong, mobile, pain free and happier during the busier parts of your week.
EVERYDAY MOVES FOR BUSY LIVES
WHAT IS IT?
Movement Snacks is a daily 10 minute accessible movement practice that will kickstart your mobility and get you feeling good. If you are sat down for most of the day these are the snacks that you want to see you through and leave you feeling strong and pain free each day. They include breath work, nervous system resets, mobility, balance and strength. Movement Snacks gives you the tools to unwind the stiffness and rigidity developed from hours upon hours of sitting in chairs, cars, seats, couches and meetings.
A. For life.
Q. How long is the course?
A. The level 1 gives you 4 weeks of movements. Days Mon.-Fri. are repeated each week as we don’t want to overwhelm you with constantly learning new moves and not benefiting from the process of repetition in making improvements.
Q. What if I’m injured?
A. If you are unsure of your ability to do some of the moves then you could jump on a free consulting call via the online coaching option to discuss if it’s a good fit for you or email us at email@example.com.
Q. Do I need any special equipment?
A. No, one of the moves involves 3 tennis balls or something similar, that’s as fancy as it gets.
Q. How long should I allow to do these each day?
A. The routine is 10 minutes when done start to finish. It may take longer at the start as you get familiar with the movement sequences.
Q. How many times a day should I do them?
A. As many as your mind and body feels good. It’s a personal thing as everyone’s starting point can be different.
Q. How long do I have access to the course for?
Q. How long do I have access to the course for?
The course is perfect
for you if...
- You are too busy during the week to do full workouts even if you want to.
- You want to move everyday but know you need restorative rest days.
- You want to get back into training and being more active like you used to be.
- You want to get rid of the old injuries and niggles of aches and pains that don’t fully stop you but definitely bother you and make you feel older than you should.
- You’re bored of doing the same old thing and not seeing results.
- You’re interested in progress not perfection. Perfection isn’t real.
- You want to move all of your body and feel more connected in it and to it.
Do you want to
IMPROVE YOUR MOVEMENTS
The better your body moves, the better you will be at living your life to the full, and gaining greater physical competence and mobility. You will move better and think better.
Regular movement breaks will enable you to perform better and be more creative and attentive at work. More movement = better brain health. You will set yourself up for success.
The stronger you feel, the more balanced your body and mind will be, so you can move through the world in a peaceful, contented and empowering way.
FEEL MORE CONNECTED
New and reclaimed movement patterns and exercises will give you a greater sense of empowerment and confidence in your everyday life.
The Movement Snacks course will introduce you to a variety of new and perhaps familiar skills that will benefit your life on a daily basis by helping you find fun and interesting ways to move your whole body in a variety of environments.
In the lessons of the Movement Snacks course, you will be given different ideas that will help you improve your physical and mental skills including: posture, balance, co-ordination, stability, mobility and strength.
What will I get out of it?
On completion of the course you will
- have explored how breathing and movement techniques can effect and calm your nervous system by shifting you out of ‘fight and flight’ into ‘rest and digest’ for better health and a more enhanced sense of well being.
- understand how your whole body works together and how you can use gentle movements such as rocking to realign your spine and restore your posture.
- understand the importance of moving your body in a variety of shapes that help to reverse the damage done by spending extended time in a seated position.
- be able to improve respiratory and cardiovascular function, decrease the effects of stress, and improve physical and mental health.
- understand the importance of balance and how it can improve stability, mobility, and strength, and help in the prevention of injuries.
- understand how to build hand-eye co-ordination and boost neuroplasticity to improve reaction time, reflexes, spatial awareness, strategic thinking and concentration.
- explored how to have a healthy vestibular system that allows us to move more confidently and smoothly.
- have acquired safe training techniques to build your resilience, reflexes and strength, and prevent injury.
Julie Angel & Jared Tavasolian
Parkour Coach & Surf Instructor
“I really like it, it’s been helping get some movement in on the days when my mind isnt really in the game. And the movement helps bring me out of the funk, so I find it very helpful .”
“I have increased my strength, my balance, my willingness to move more when I have the chance (taking stairs with my arms full or empty), and my vision of who I am and what I can accomplish has expanded.”
Jill Van Bogedom-Smith
“I have improved my hip mobility and my balance. I have also been able to take some of the mindset shifts “off the grass” and into my life, which has been super exciting.“